Video: Larson, Gase make sparks fly

first_img___________________________________________________________________________________________We apologize. We are having technical issues with our comment sections and fan community and it is temporarily unavailable. We are actively working on these issues and hope to have it up and running soon. We are also working on enhancements to provide a better forum for our fans. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.last_img

Former Rebecca Publicist Will Face Jury in New Ruling

first_img View Comments Another twist in the notoriously troubled tale of the stage adaptation of Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca. The New York Times reports that Marc Thibodeau, the musical’s former publicist, hit a number of stumbling blocks at the State Supreme Court in Manhattan on May 13.Using fake names, Thibodeau sent a potential investor and his lawyers warning emails, saying that the tuner’s producers had been deceived by a fraud scheme. The investor subsequently decided not to contribute $2.25 million to the show, so the producers, Ben Sprecher and Louise Forlenza, sued Thibodeau. Justice Jeffrey K. Oing ruled on Tuesday that Thibodeau was in breach of contract and a jury will now decide how much in damages the producers will receive. Thibodeau’s motions to dismiss claims for defamation and tortious interference were also denied and will go to trial.“My actions were those of a classic whistle-blower, except that I wish I had had the courage to come forward with what I had discovered, and not hide behind anonymity,” Thibodeau responded in a statement.Financier Mark Hotton was convicted in October 2014 to almost three years in jail on two counts of wire fraud. Hotton had persuaded the Rebecca producers that he was coming up with $4.5 million in funding from investors, who transpired not to exist.Rebecca is still reportedly Broadway-aimed.last_img read more

Jakarta to add 11 COVID-19 reference hospitals following another case spike

first_imgThe Jakarta administration plans to add 11 COVID-19 reference hospitals as cases continue to rise in the capital.Jakarta currently has 67 COVID-19 referral hospitals and 170 hospitals providing services for COVID-19 patients. However, the city has recently been grappling with a rising number of hospitalizations among COVID-19 patients.According to the national COVID-19 task force on Monday, bed occupancy rates in isolation rooms and intensive care units (ICUs) in Jakarta had reached 69 and 77 percent, respectively. The current rate, which task force spokesperson Wiku Adisasmito said was “no longer ideal”, needs to drop to 60 percent to reduce the burden on healthcare workers.Currently there are 513 ICU beds and 4,054 isolation room beds designated for COVID-19 patients all across Jakarta.Read also: Jakarta to require all COVID-19 patients to be quarantined in hospitalsThe administration is currently aiming to increase the number to 4,800 isolation room beds and 650 ICU beds.With the addition of the 11 hospitals, the capital city would see 85 more ICUs and 286 isolation rooms for COVID-19 patients.Jakarta Health Agency head Widyastuti said the administration would strengthen the hospital networks around the reference hospitals so that patients with other diseases could still have access to health facilities.”We’ll map hospitals in each city, so we can strengthen the hospital network around the area, especially since some patients and conditions need continuous treatment [at hospitals],” she told kompas.com.Read also: Jakarta sees rising COVID-19 hospitalizationsOn Thursday, the capital city recorded yet another record-high of new COVID-19 cases with 1,406 people, bringing the total number of confirmed cases citywide to 43,709.Jakarta had reported 10,032 active cases as of Thursday with 1,253 fatalities and 32,424 recoveries.In a bid to slow down the rate of transmission, the administration is set to issue a policy that will require COVID-19 patients in the capital to be quarantined at coronavirus referral centers and hospitals.Under the new regulation, self-quarantine will no longer be an option for COVID-19 patients regardless of whether or not they exhibit coronavirus symptoms. (nal)Topics :last_img read more