Brisbane block on 400sq m sells for a record price

first_img6 Warraba Ave, Wavell Heights.A Wavell Heights property which sold for more than $1 million has broken the record for a 400sq m block in the area.Place – Aspley principal Tristan Rowland said the home at 6 Warraba Ave sold on March 17 for $1.110 million. 6 Warraba Ave, Wavell Heights.The home has polished timber floors and a design which captures city views.The two large bedrooms, including the luxurious master suite captures city views and has his and hers wardrobes, plus an ultra-modern ensuite.Mr Rowland said his agency knew how to get buyers who are not looking at Wavell Heights to come and inspect the area. “The buyer was looking in Clayfield and the under buyer wasn’t even actively looking,” he said.The property is close to schools and public transport. 6 Warraba Ave, Wavell Heights.Mr Rowland said he “smashed” his own record previously set at $1,010,000 at 15 Gurley St.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019He said the property was sold to an executive.“We had 60 groups through and had seven offers,” Mr Rowland said.The four-bedroom, three-bathroom home is set over two levels.last_img read more

Broadwater views? Marine Quarter might be just the place for you

first_imgThe living zones at Marine Quarter.Overlooking the Broadwater at Southport, the project will capitalise on the views, with one bedroom apartments starting from $349,000.It is being developed by Melbourne-based company, Three Pillars.“Currently being the only new residential development approved on the BroadwaterParklands gives us a unique point of difference and a rare opportunity for thoselooking to live in the area,” Podium Project Marketing Peter Malady said.The brand new one bedroom apartments will be on the market for almost $40,000 less than the current median unit sales price for Southport, according to CoreLogic. There will be ample room to wind down at Marine Quarter.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus16 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market16 hours agoThe first part of Marine Quarter — the Oceanic Tower — will house 107 apartments over 28 storeys. Levels five to 15 will have fine apartments per floor, with just four units per floor from levels 16 to 28.Mr Malady, said the development was expected to be popular with residents seeking an active lifestyle.“Whether you are into running, cycling, fishing or sailing, you will find incredibly easyaccess to practice any of these activities and more,” he said.“Endless kilometres of running and cycling paths right on the doorstep, and many of Southport’s boat ramps only minutes away give Marine Quarter a huge advantage over other developments.” FLOOR-TO-CEILING glass was a must for the architects behind Marine Quarter, a two tower development that will be constructed on the Gold Coast. “In terms of amenities, we really pushed ourselves to provide the ultimate entertainment and leisure experience while taking advantage of the breathtaking views,’’ Mr Malady said.“An oversized pool, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, BBQ and grill facilities, alfresco dining areas, and a multipurpose deck are surrounded by elegant landscapeand expansive views.“Residents will definitely enjoy a resort-like experience.”center_img >>FOLLOW THE COURIER-MAIL REAL ESTATE TEAM ON FACEBOOK<< Luxurious bathrooms are on offer at Marine Quarter.The project has been designed by WallaceBrice Architecture, with floor-to-ceiling glass to maximise views and promote cross-ventilation in all apartments.Interiors have also been kept bright and airy, with the natural tonal palette to reflect the surrounding environment.A multifunctional benchtop transforms from workspace to breakfast bar, while deep recessed balconies off the living areas offer privacy and protection.The balconies have uninterrupted views across the Broadwater area and out to the Pacific Ocean, with permeable screens running along the edge of all balconies to diffuse sunlight.Two colour palettes are available for buyers to choose from.last_img read more

High-class entry for York showpiece

first_imgClassic-winning colts Gleneagles and Golden Horn are among a stellar 42-strong entry for the Juddmonte International at York on August 19. Investec Derby hero Golden Horn, who is a probable for the Eclipse, heads a powerful team from the John Gosden stable. The Newmarket trainer’s four other possibles are Eagle Top, Mahsoob, Maverick Wave and Western Hymn. David Wachman’s 1,000 Guineas winner Legatissimo could also represent the Classic generation. The Grey Gatsby, runner-up to Australia in this race 12 months ago, is likely to try to go one better for North Yorkshire trainer Kevin Ryan. Dermot Weld’s Free Eagle, who just pipped The Grey Gatsby in the Prince of Wales’s Stakes at Royal Ascot last week, is an interesting contender as is Australian raider, Criterion, who was back in fifth that day. The O’Brien pair of Investec Oaks winner Qualify and last year’s winner Tapestry also feature among 43 entries for the Darley Yorkshire Oaks on August 20. Among 53 entries for the Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes over York’s fast five furlongs on August 21 are Eddie Lynam’s dual winner Sole Power and Goldream, successful in the King’s Stand Stakes at Royal Ascot last week. The Aidan O’Brien-trained Gleneagles, who completed the English and Irish 2000 Guineas double, could step up in trip to a mile and a quarter first in the Coral-Eclipse at Sandown next month. O’Brien has a total of 14 entries – Cougar Mountain, Tapestry, Father Christmas, Giovanni Canaletto, Highland Reel, John F Kennedy, Kilimanjaro, Ol’ Man River, Diamondsandrubies, Found, Qualify, Together Forever and Words. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Cricket News Tamil Nadu, Haryana And Maharashtra Cricket Associations Barred From BCCI AGM By CoA

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Pune: Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA), Haryana Cricket Association (HCA) and Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) have been barred by the Committee of Administrators (CoA) from attending the BCCI Annual General Meeting in Mumbai on October 23 due to non-compliance in their amended Constitutions. This effectively means that the three non-compliant units will not have any voting rights in case there is an election during the scheduled AGM. “Yes, the CoA has intimated the two state units that they would be debarred from participating in the elections as they have not amended their Constitutions as per Supreme Court orders on August 9, 2018. Maharashtra is also going to be debarred from attending the AGM,” a source close to CoA told PTI on condition of anonymity. CoA chief Vinod Rai, who is currently in the United States, was unavailable for a comment.  The TNCA, which is under the control of former BCCI president N Srinivasan, was supposed to be represented by its secretary SS Ramasaamy while Haryana, under the rule of outgoing treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry, was set to be represented by Mrinal Ojha. Even Maharashtra is going to be debarred from AGM as the Charity Commissioner of the state had found anomalies in their amended constitution. The unit still under the control of former Board secretary Ajay Shirke, was supposed to be represented by Riyaz Bagban. Also Read | Sporting community should ‘ostracise Pakistan’ for supporting terror activities: Vinod Rai The TNCA, which recently elected Srinivasan’s daughter Rupa Gurunath, had 21 violations in their amended Constitution, including non-compliance in age cap (over 70 years), tenure of cooling off period being a few major ones. Even after they complied with a few later on, they didn’t adhere to the major reforms and had taken a tough stand that it is not in CoA’s authority to debar any state unit as their job is to merely file status report on compliance. Haryana and Maharashtra also toed the same line.  Also Read | SC displeased over public ‘sparring’ between BCCI chief and its membersOn part of CoA, their argument is that the elections are being conducted under their watch and no non-compliant association will be allowed to take part in the AGM. A TNCA source confirmed receiving the order of debarment.  “The intimation (on debarring TNCA) from attending BCCI AGM had been received. But it has only been from COA. We will wait for the electoral officer to announce the valid electoral list for the AGM before deciding on future course of action,” the source said.Electoral officer Gopalswami will release the list of eligible state representatives on Thursday. The implication of this decision to debar the state units could be two-fold and the BCCI could be divided on this issue.  In case, there are unanimous choices for the five office-bearers’ post (president, vice president, secretary, joint secretary and treasurer), it won’t mean much even if they are debarred. “If TNCA, Haryana and Maharashtra move court and get a stay on AGM, the CoA stays on. Do we want that? Not me at least as I want to get the board back from CoA on October 23 and take it from thereon,” a former office bearer and Board veteran told PTI.  “In any case, Srinivasan is playing an active role in decision making and is in touch with influential people who would have final say in these matters. So if the posts are pre-decided, CoA’s strategy to not let TNCA, Haryana vote doesn’t hold much ground,” the official said.  This time at the AGM, may be just four to five people will be there who would have attended a big Board meeting, which was a regular feature till 2015.  “Only having first timers is also not a great thing. We need experience to guide as the Board is in a mess,” said a first-time president of a state unit, who could get a major role in the Board’s functioning. Many in the Board believe that once CoA goes, everyone can come around together and decide further course of action. There is a school of thought that India, having lost its position and power of bargaining in the ICC, should get it back and who better than Srinivasan to do that.  “There is no age-cap of representation in the ICC. Mr Srinivasan has been the reason why we had such clout in the ICC. There is no harm if he again represents India at the ICC. We can do that after getting the Board back and for that we should avoid another round of legal tussle,” said a disqualified BCCI veteran.last_img read more

Introducing the Esports Insider Forum Series

first_imgEsports Insider, the industry focused media platform, is delighted to announce the launch of the Esports Insider Forum Series (#ESIForum) — beginning on Thursday July 20th (18:30 – 23:00).  The ESI Forum will welcome the finest professionals from in and around the industry at Fnatic’s Bunkr in Shoreditch, London. These Forums will take place on a monthly basis for relaxed evenings of food, drink, networking opportunities, panel discussions and more. Each month there’ll be a different focus, with the inaugural Forum focusing on why football clubs are entering esports and what the future will look like as the traditional sports world and esports industry continue to intertwine. We will be hosting a short panel discussion on the topic before encouraging everyone to have a casual natter with the help of copious amounts of beer and pizza. The fun doesn’t stop there. One thing that we all have in common is a passion for competition and video games. We’re expecting the highest calibre of competition as we host a FIFA tournament (in fitting with the Forum’s theme). There will be a small tournament fee, with all proceeds heading to the fantastic gaming charity SpecialEffect – who will also be in attendance on the night. The company do some incredible work and attendees will be able to try out of their adjusted gaming products at the Bunkr. SpecialEffect Events Coordinator, Tom Donegan stated: “We’re honoured to have been chosen as the charity partner for this exciting event. The ESI Forum gives us a fantastic opportunity to showcase our work and hopefully make some new friends too! “The esports community are incredibly supportive of what we do and really understand the importance of helping disabled gamers to compete on a level playing field. We don’t charge for any of our services, so the money raised through the Fifa tournament will also make a big difference.”Sam Cooke, Editor of Esports Insider commented: “We’re delighted to announce the launch of the ESI Forum and look forward to welcoming some of the brightest minds in esports to the Bunkr each month. With London becoming an increasingly busy space for ventures in and around esports the evening will provide the perfect opportunity to put faces to names and forge valuable business relationships for the future. Pizza, beer and unadulterated esports chat – it can’t get much better than that.”  Did we mention there are 25 bags jam packed with the finest swag that will be handed out on the night to those that are first to sign up?Tickets are now on sale here. We’re keeping the Forum cosy so make sure you grab them before they disappear. The first 20 tickets purchased are £10 (excl VAT), with remaining tickets priced at £15.last_img read more