Chelsea and England captain John Terry has vowed to prove his innocence after the Football Association launched an investigation into allegations he racially abused QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.Videos circulated on the internet in the aftermath of Sunday’s west London derby, with some viewers claiming the footage shows Terry insulting Ferdinand using racist language.Terry strongly denies the allegations and said: “I welcome the FA enquiry and look forward to clearing my name.”AdChoices广告The Metropolitan Police has announced it is assessing evidence from the alleged incident after receiving a complaint.Earlier, Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted Terry had his club’s full support and that the issue had arisen as the result of a misunderstanding.Villas-Boas said: “We fully back John. He spoke to Anton after the game. For us it was the end of the story.Boss Villas-Boas says Chelsea are fully behind their captain“John is a player of great responsibilities. I find it strange when people don’t trust the words of a representative from your country. For us the matter is over.”Chelsea have been charged by the FA with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the match.Blues duo Jose Bosingwa and Didier Drogba were sent off and seven other Chelsea players were booked in an ill-tempered game, which QPR won 1-0 – their first home victory since returning to the Premier League after a 15-year absence.The FA have also asked Villas-Boas to explain his post-match comments about the officials.The Portuguese revealed he had been “aggressive” towards referee Chris Foy and was angry that Chelsea had two appeals for a second-half penalty ignored.